梁繼璋 (香港電台副節目總監) 寫給兒子的信 Michael Leung (HKTVB Programme Deputy Director) A Letter to My Son
Write you this memo based on the following three principles:
1) Life is unpredictable, everyone doesn't know how long could they live in this world, something is better to say earlier.
2) I am your father, if I don't tell you, no one will tell you.
3) I put a lot of my poor experiences inside this memo, because I want you to walk through smoothly in your life.
The following, are the issues that you must remember deeply and always keep them in your mind:
1) Do not mind who treat you bad, because they have no right to treat you good, exept your mother and I. For the persons who treat you good, you must be either jealous of them and thanksgiving them, you also need to be careful of them. Because everyone has his own purpose on every thing he did, he treats you good, may not really like you. So you must clarify clearly before you treat him as a real best friend.
2) No one is un-replaceble, nothing must possesses. While you understood this truth, you will not treat it seriously if someone left you or something you lost afterwards.
3) Life is a short period, while today you are still wasting your life, tomorrow time you will find that the life was left you far away. So, cherish your life as earlier as you can, so that you can enjoy your life time as long as you could. Earlier enjoying your life rather than just hope a longer life.
4) In this world, no truth of love. Love is only a short period of feeling, and this feeling will change following the times and mental state. If your lover left you, please wait patiently for the next, let the time help you to clean up, let your soul return slowly, then your suffering will be weaken by and by. Don't excessively think that the love is too beautiful, and don't excessively exaggerate that the loose of love is too sorrow.
5) Even though, a lot of successful peoples accept a great many educations, but it doesn't mean you may success after studied hard. Those knowledges that you received are your weapon. Human being, can goes from rags to riches, but s/he cannot completely unarmed. Remember this!
6) I will not request you to support my elder life, the same, I will not support your elder life as well. Once you was growth up and to be indepent, my responsibility was finished. So for the future of your life, whether travels by bus or drives a benz, eats shark's fin or thin bean, all depend on your own responsibility.
7) You may request yourself to be true to one's promises, but can't request the others do the same as you; you may request yourself to treat good with the others, but you can't request the others do the same as you. No matter how you treat the others, it doesn't mean the others will return you the same. If you can't understand this truth, you will bring along yourself a lot of troubles.
8) I buy Mark Six lottery for 20 years, but I'm still very poor and didn't even get a consolation prize. This demonstrates that if a person wants to be rich, he still needs to be work hard. This world doesn't have free lunch.
9) Parents have only once that the fate brings us together, whatever how long will I stay with you, please and please cherish our time while together. We will not meet in our next turn of life, whatever we love each other or not and how much do we love each other.
Thx for Sharing from 禪風